Pet Sitting and General Questions
- Pets are happier and experience less stress at home in their safe, secure environment
- Pets will follow their regular diet, exercise routine and play times
- Pets will receive an abundance of love and personal attention
- Pets will receive medical treatments and medications including insulin injections if required
- Travel trauma for both owner and pet are eliminated
- Pet’s exposure to illness is minimized as well as injuries that sometimes occur when dogs are boarded
- Untrained and/or unwilling friends, family or neighbors will not be burdened to do something they may not be comfortable with
- Owners will feel their home is more secure and know potential home problems will be handled
- The YBFF team of professional pet sitters are all highly trained and experienced in working with all types of animals; know how to spot and avoid potentially dangerous situations and can react quickly and effectively when necessary; knows how to tell if a pet needs veterinary attention; has immediate back-up in case of emergencies.
- Your pets will be happily waiting for you at home when you return from your trip
Each visit we make is tailored to your specific needs and we spend one-on-one time with your pets. We can come once a day to as many times as you feel is needed. The number of visits per day your pet(s) require will be determined according to the type of pet, age of pet, how they are confined, if there is availability to a doggie door and of course, what your preference is. Special needs such as medications or special treatments and the time schedule for these are also taken into consideration. Some homes require only one visit per day while others may require two or more. We do require if you have only 2 visits in a day and the dog does not not have access to go potty, we space these visits at 12 hour intervals. If you have 3 visits or more, or dogs have access to go potty, we will not allow the longest space of time to be more than 9-10 hours.
Visits include providing exercise, walks, play times, feedings, fresh water, cleaning bowls, litter scooping, brushings, stall cleaning, administer/inject medications, if needed, yard clean-up, and lots of love and attention. The cost varies depending on what service and how many visits per day you require. Also included in pet sitting services are: watering plants, picking up mail/paper/packages/flyers, taking out trash, switching lights/blinds, a daily walk through the entire house looking for any obvious problem in the home such as broken pipes, etc. Our visits last from 30 to 45 minutes.
- The first two days are orientation, learning about YBFF, procedures, policies, employee handbook, etc. in the office.
- The next two weeks are spent in the field with the field manager. The employee will shadow, ask many questions and learn all about the services we provide, how we do everything small and large, expectations of performance, etc.
- They will learn hands on, all of the current daily dog walk clients. They will shadow and learn pet sitting jobs, the procedures and all the good insight we have on grooming them to become a great YBFF team member.
- The third week, if the field manager feels they are ready, they will be doing jobs themselves, with the field manager monitoring and evaluating them, correcting any mistakes if there are any and making suggestions. The trainer will then meet with the office manager to review how she thinks the employee is doing and whether she feels he is ready to go out on his own.
- If that all goes okay, a brief written test is given to the employee and he is asked to evaluate how he thinks the training went and how he thinks he is doing and if he feels ready to head out. If so he is given all his necessary supplies and is ready to go. They are required at this time to sign up for the pet first aid/CPR class and a deadline to have that completed.
- Office hours are 7:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday
- Work/Job hours start from 5:30am and end by 9:30pm, every day of the week and every day of the year including holidays
- Telephone messages, emails and texts are retrieved every hour from 6am until 9pm, every day
- Messages are replied to by the following day unless it is an urgent or last minute request made within normal work hours
Payment for dog walking (daily/regular) clients is due at the end of every two week period. An invoice will be left by the dog walker on the Monday or next service day following the two week period, emailed or mailed to you, whichever your preference is. Payment can be left for the dog walker to pick up and return to office or mailed to the office. 5564 E Mansfield Ave, Denver, CO 80237.
Dog Walking Questions
However, because we have regularly scheduled daily walks, we ask that scheduling of as-needed visits/walks be scheduled with as much advance notice as possible. It is difficult for us to rearrange schedules and shuffle times to accommodate short notice requests but we will do our best.