More than 70% of all households have some kind of pet. If you are like most pet lovers, you hate to leave your pets in unfamiliar surroundings while you travel.
Why You Should Use a Pet Sitting Service
According to the American Humane Society and many studies, pets are happiest when they are at home, surrounded by familiar sights, sounds and smells. From a pet’s perspective, the familiar environment, diet and exercise routine, along with the personal attention and fun provided by a professional pet care-giver is the perfect answer. This will eliminate the trauma of being transported, minimize exposure to illnesses of other animals, eliminate the risk of an injury caused by another dog, and eliminate the stress caused from the noise and turmoil in a kennel environment. These are all additional advantages to you and your pets alike by staying in their own home. You will have peace of mind knowing your pets and your home are in our caring, capable hands.
How It Works
Prior to any type of service provided by YBFF, we will send you a brochure, references and a rate schedule for your review. We will also send you a client information form you will need to complete prior to service. You are able to complete the form on the YBFF website as well. On this form you will detail all information needed to care for your pets and home. We will then arrange an in-home meeting so that we can meet you and your pets and go over all details you would like us to know about your pet and their routine. This also gives us a chance to explain how our service works and the best way it can work for you. There is no charge for this initial visit and this allows you a time to ask any questions you may have and for us to obtain 2 sets of keys to your home.
The keys will remain in our possession for future service unless you request the keys be returned. All keys are safely organized and locked in our office. There is a charge for drop off or pick up of keys after the initial service.
Number of Visits
The number of visits per day your pet(s) require will be determined according to the type of pet, age of pet, how they are confined, if there is availability to a doggie door and of course, what your preference is. Special needs such as medications or special treatments and the time schedule for these are also taken into consideration. Some homes require only one visit per day while others may require two or more.
What Happens Each Visit?
Each visit we make is tailored to your specific needs. We spend one-on-one time with your pets, providing exercise, walks, play times, feedings, fresh water, litter scooping, brushings, stall cleaning, administer/inject medications, if needed, and lots of love and attention. We do require if you have only 2 visits in a day we space these visits at 12 hour intervals if the dogs are inside. If you have more than 2 visits, we will not allow the longest space of time to be more than 10 hours.
- YBFF will administer medication but we do require written direction and instruction from the client prior. YBFF cannot administer any medication to pets without that written authorization and instruction. We do have a medication instruction form to complete prior to service. You will need to forward a copy to the office and leave a copy in your yellow client folder prior to service.
- YBFF will seek medical treatment in case of illness, including transportation of your pet to your vet or an emergency clinic, if necessary. Transportation of your pet in case of illness and/or medical emergency will be charged at YBFF hourly rate and billed per quarter hour. We will attempt to contact you with the numbers you provided and attempt to contact your emergency contact as well. We do not provide horse (large animal) transportation, but your vet will be contacted in case of illness or injury, and we will remain with the animal or have the owner’s emergency contact remain with the animal until the vet arrives.
- YBFF will help secure your home with the impression of occupancy: alternating lights, adjusting blinds, turning a radio on and off, and doing a daily walk through the entire house (included in pet-sitting fees).
- YBFF will bring in newspapers, mail, fliers and packages each day. We will take your trash and recycling bins to the curb and back on the appropriate day (included in pet sitting fees).
- YBFF will water flowers and plants inside and out with no additional charge providing it is not too time consuming. We will also fill outdoor bird feeders if needed.
- On occasion a pet will have an accident in the home. We are happy to clean up the accident the best we can IF the client provides/leaves out their own cleaning supplies for our use. We don’t want to damage rugs, flooring, etc. by using improper cleaning products.
- YBFF will provide a daily note so you will be able to read about our adventures and our fun times as well as note any problems or difficulties that might have come up while you were gone. We will attempt to contact you and/or your emergency contact immediately with any serious problems that might arise.
Can I Check In With YBFF While Away?
We welcome you to call the main office, 303-692-1140, text the office text phone, 303-915-4077, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check on your furry friends while you are gone.
On Your Return…
Upon your arrival home, we ask that you call or text the YBFF office number to let us know you have returned safely. There will be a reminder note left to help you remember to call. If we don’t hear from you, we will attempt to contact you by phone first and if unable to reach you, make the next appropriate visit and continue our service until we do hear from you. If you are delayed getting back for any reason, we will be happy to extend our service until you arrive home. We ask that you make every attempt to contact YBFF by telephone or email immediately if a problem arises. Messages are checked first thing in the morning, throughout the day and last thing at night. Emails are also monitored throughout the day. If you do not call the office upon your arrival home and YBFF makes an unnecessary trip to your home, you will be charged a trip fee.
On the last day, we will leave an invoice with an envelope addressed to YBFF with an evaluation form that we would appreciate your filling out and sending in with your payment. This allows us to know what our pet parents expect and what we can do to continually improve our service to you and your pets.
After the first service, we are ready to go for the next service with either a phone call, an email or via our website to schedule the new service dates. We ask that you try to give us as much notice as possible but understand when that is impossible due to an emergency. In this case, we will always do our best to accommodate your needs. We do ask that you try to schedule dates over the holidays as much in advance as possible for we quickly become booked and will not schedule more work than we can service properly. Changes to any service (prior or during the service) should be relayed only through the office.